Chocolate Strawberry Streusel Bars
24 bars (2 dozen)
- Offer these sophisticated Chocolate Strawberry Streusel Bars to your friends or family with vanilla ice cream. They’ll look great on a dessert tray too! This was a recipe sent to us by Rosemarie Thompson of Rockford, IL.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 jar (10 ounces) strawberry jam
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Beat 1 cup butter and 1 cup granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in 2 cups flour. Stir in 1 cup morsels. Spread mixture in prepared pan. Spread jam evenly over mixture in pan, leaving 1/2-inch border.
Combine remaining 1 cup flour and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in remaining 1 cup morsels. Sprinkle streusel evenly over preserves.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl. Drizzle over bars; let stand until set.