Chocolate Shortbread Olé
42 (3 1/2 dozen) cookies
- Chopped pecans and a hint of cayenne give this rich Chocolate Shortbread Olé recipe really unique flavor and a south of the border flair.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels 10 oz
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 325º F.
Microwave chocolate in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
Combine flour, cinnamon and cayenne in medium bowl. Beat brown sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.