Chocolate Raspberry Nut Bars
- Chocolate Raspberry Nut Bars are a perfect combination of flavors and topped with slivered almonds. Perfect dessert for any occasion. Created by Linda LaPlace of Nokomis, FL.
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ●1 large egg, beaten
- ●1 teaspoon almond extract
- ●3/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves or jam
- ●1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- ●1 cup chopped slivered almonds
- ●3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- ●1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil.
Combine flour and sugar in large mixer bowl. Cut butter into mixture with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and almond extract; stir with a fork until moistened (mixture will still be crumbly). Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Spread preserves over crust, leaving 1/2-inch border.
Combine reserved crumbs, morsels and almonds in same bowl. Sprinkle chocolate mixture over preserves layer, pressing lightly.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. While still warm, score into 3 dozen bars. Cool completely in pan.
Combine powdered sugar and enough milk in small bowl to make drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars; let stand until set. Cut bars along scored lines.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.