Chocolate Pate with Cranberry Coulis
- Chocolate Pate with Cranberry Coulis is a terrific choice when you are looking for a dessert that is delicious, beautiful and different.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 1/2 cups OCEAN SPRAY® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 3/4 cup OCEAN SPRAY® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
Place cranberry sauce, cranberry juice cocktail and lime juice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate. Makes 1 3/4 cups.
Line 8 x 4-inch baking pan with plastic wrap. Combine 1/4 cup whipping cream and egg yolk in small bowl.
Combine morsels, corn syrup and butter in heavy-duty medium saucepan. Melt over lowest possible heat. When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir. Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add cream mixture to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 1 minute. Let cool to room temperature.
Beat remaining cream and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or freeze 3 hours.
To serve, spoon Cranberry Coulis on a dessert plate. Place a slice of Chocolate Pate on plate. Garnish with whipped cream.