Chocolate Macaroon Squares
24 squares (2 dozen)
- Coconut, pecans and chocolate chips take chocolate cake mix to new heights. Combined with sweetened condensed milk, these cake-like Chocolate Macaroon Squares will please even the most discerning chocolate enthusiast.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
NET WT 14 oz (397 g)
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg in large bowl; mix with fork until crumbly. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine sweetened condensed milk, remaining egg and vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat until well blended. Stir in 1 cup coconut, nuts and morsels. Spread mixture evenly over base; sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup coconut.
Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set (center will firm when cool). Cool in pan on wire rack.