Chocolate Granola Bars
- The perfect treat for lunch boxes or after school snacks, these high-energy Chocolate Granola Bars are chock full of rice cereal, oatmeal, sunflower seeds, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Morsels and peanut butter. From the kitchens of Margot LaFontaine of Fort Collins, CO.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine morsels, cereal, oats, coconut and sunflower seeds in large bowl.
Heat honey and butter in small, uncovered saucepan until mixture just comes to a boil; reduce heat. Boil gently for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted and well combined.
Pour peanut butter mixture over chocolate mixture in bowl. Stir well to combine (morsels will melt). Carefully press mixture firmly into prepared baking pan with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Cover; refrigerate until firm. When firm, cut into bars. Store in a covered container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.