Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Cookies
36 cookies (3 dozen)
- Enjoy the rich flavors in these Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Cookies. Perfect for snacks and great for entertaining, too.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups OCEAN SPRAY® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/4 cups chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat vegetable shortening and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and egg; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture until a soft mixture forms. Stir in cranberries. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Melt morsels in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate and then into nuts. Allow chocolate to dry completely.