Chocolate Dipped Brandy Snaps
- Chocolate Dipped Brandy Snaps are a decidedly adult cookie that combines the flavors of chocolate, cinnamon, ginger and brandy.
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- ●1 cup all-purpose flour
- ●2 teaspoons brandy
- ●1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- ●1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and ginger in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in flour and brandy. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets about 3 inches apart, baking no more than 6 at a time.
Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until deep caramel color. Cool on baking sheets for 10 seconds. Remove from baking sheets and immediately roll around wooden spoon handle; cool completely on wire racks.
Line baking sheets with wax paper.
Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Dip cookies halfway in melted chocolate; shake off excess. Sprinkle with nuts; set on prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.