Chocolate Chip Cherry Scones
- Not Available
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 tablespoon baking powder
- ●1 teaspoon salt
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ●1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- ●2 large eggs, divided
- ●1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ●1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixer bowl with paddle attachment. Add cold chopped butter and mix until butter is broken up into pea size pieces. Add chopped cherries and morsels and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, combine 1 egg, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Add this to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Using a rolling pin, roll dough on a floured work surface to 1 inch thick. Using a 2 ½ inch round cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds and place on prepared baking sheets. Whisk together remaining egg with a splash of water, and lightly brush egg mixture on top of scones.
Bake for 14 to 17 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. For best results, bake one baking sheet at a time. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.