24 cookies (2 dozen)
- These Chocolate Chews cookies make a perfect snack.
- ●1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ●2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●1/4 cup vegetable oil
- ●1 large egg
- ●1/2 cup chopped nuts or shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil and egg in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.