Chipper Chick Cookies
- These cute Chipper Chick Cookies are easy to make using your creativity and refrigerated cookie dough. Your kids will love to participate in making these springtime treats.
Refrigerated Cookie Dough
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 16.5 oz
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 cup prepared whipped white frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- Yellow sprinkles and sugars
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Orange decorator gel
- Broken pretzel twist pieces for legs
Preheat oven to 350° F. Shape 16 squares of cookie dough into balls for the body of the chick and place on ungreased baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Cut 8 squares of dough in half; Shape into 16 smaller balls for chick heads. Place smaller balls 1/4-inch from the larger balls on baking sheets.
Bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine frosting and a few drops of food coloring in small bowl, adding additional food coloring until desired shade is reached.
Spread frosting over each chick. Sprinkle with sprinkles and sugars. Use morsels for eyes, decorator gel for beaks and pretzels for legs.
For optional coconut grass scene to nest chicks, dissolve 10 to 12 drops of green food coloring in 5 teaspoons of water in a gallon-size, resealable food storage plastic bag. Add 1 bag (14 ounces) or 5 1/3 cups loosely packed sweetened flaked coconut. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat coconut. If a smaller amount of grass is needed, use approximately 3 to 4 drops of food coloring, 1 teaspoon of water to each cup of sweetened flaked coconut. To dry, spread out on rimmed baking sheet for a couple of hours. Decorate with Easter candies!