Chewy Choc-Oat Chip Bars
- These easy-to-make Chewy Choc-Oat Chip Bars make a terrific after-school snack that takes less than 1 hour to make.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well. Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. Store tightly covered.