Champurrado: Mexican Hot Chocolate Beverage
- Try this sweet and nutritious Mexican beverage: Champurrado! With its combination of chocolate and cinnamon, it is a delicious way to warm you up on a cold day.
- ●12 cups water, divided
- ●3 cinnamon sticks
- ●1 1/2 cups masa harina (Mexican corn masa mix)
- ●1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar or 2 large (6 ounces each) piloncillo cones (Mexican brown sugar)
- ●1 to 4 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Combine 8 cups water and cinnamon in large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Place remaining water and flour in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture through fine mesh sieve into cinnamon-water mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly with wire whisk, for 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
Stir in sugar, chocolate and vanilla extract. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted and flavors are blended. Remove cinnamon sticks. Pour into mugs.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.