Caramel Oatmeal Chewies
- Chewy oats surround layers of chocolate, caramel and nuts in these hearty bars. Perfect for all occasions.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 1 3/4 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine oats, 1½ cups flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir in butter; mix well. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with morsels and nuts. Mix caramel topping with remaining 1/4 cup flour in small bowl; drizzle over nuts to within ¼ inch of pan edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars.