Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Pie
- As the Nestlé Kitchens Pie Recipe Contest winner, this Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Pie is a refreshing summer treat.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 9 graham crackers
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 container (1.5 quarts) coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Add graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until crackers resemble fine crumbs. Add crumbs to bowl along with chopped almonds, sugar and butter; stir to combine. Press into bottom and up sides of 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Spread ice cream into cooled pie crust, smoothing out over bottom of crust. Sprinkle with half of the chopped morsels.
Heat dulce de leche in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for a few seconds to soften; stir. Pour over chocolate morsels, spreading as evenly as you can.
Spoon whipped topping over dulce de leche, covering entire surface of pie. Sprinkle with remaining chopped morsels and sliced almonds.
Freeze for 30 minutes. Remove pie from freezer and cover with foil. Place back in freezer for at least 4 hours or until pie has set. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before you are ready to serve. Store any leftovers covered in freezer.