Caramel Apple Pie NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies
- Caramel, apple and chocolate, oh my! These cinnamon-spiced chocolate chip cookies mixed with dried apples and drizzled with caramel are a delightful fall-flavored treat.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups (about 5 ounces) coarsely chopped dried apples
- 18 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and apple pieces. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Microwave caramels and milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals; stir until smooth. Place sheets of wax or parchment paper under wire racks. Drizzle melted caramels over cookies. Allow drizzle to set. Store in single layers in tightly covered containers.