72 cookies (6 dozen)
- Delicate and crispy Butterscotch Thins are a sweet treat for any occasion.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels
- ●2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- ●1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- ●1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●2/3 cup finely chopped nuts
Combine flour and baking soda in medium bowl.
Microwave morsels and butter in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in nuts. Cover; refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm. Shape into two 14 x 1 1/2-inch logs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Unwrap logs; slice into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.