48 bars (4 dozen)
- Butterscotch Scotchies make a great dessert bar that is perfect for all occasions.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter-flavored vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange peel, (1 medium orange)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat shortening, sugar, eggs and orange peel in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture and water. Stir in oats and morsels. Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.