Bananas Foster Fudge Cake
- A decadent and rich chocolate cake, Bananas Foster Fudge Cake combines the best of two favorite American desserts - Bananas Foster and Chocolate Cake! Attractive and tasty, this dessert is sure to please your family and friends who gather for the holidays or a birthday celebration. Beth Royals of Richmond, VA created this spectacular dessert as a way to combine her family’s favorites into one delicious dessert!
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ●3 tablespoons butter
- ●1 1/2 cups (about 2 large) finely chopped, firm ripe bananas
- ●1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1 package (18.25 ounces) Devil's Food cake mix
- ●1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- ●1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ●1/2 cup water
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- ●3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 container (16 ounces) prepared cream cheese frosting
- ●NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® White Chocolate Curls
Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly coat three 9-inch-round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine brown sugar and butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave uncovered, on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute. Add chopped bananas, rum extract and cinnamon; stir. Microwave an additional 4 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely.
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil and water in large mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until well blended (batter will be thick). Pour about 1 1/2 cups of batter into each prepared cake pan. Sprinkle each with a heaping tablespoon of mini morsels.
Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Heat cream in uncovered, medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 1/2 minutes or just until boiling. Add 2 cups morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cover; cool for 30 minutes.
Place one cake layer on serving platter. Spread half the cream cheese frosting on cake. Spread half the banana mixture to 1/2-inch of edges. Top with second cake layer. Spread with remaining cream cheese frosting followed by remaining banana mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread Chocolate Frosting over top and side of cake. Sprinkle with white chocolate curls around top edge of cake. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Refrigerate leftover cake up to 24 hours.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.