Baked Chocolate Donut Holes
- These yummy donut holes are courtesy of Amanda Rettke of i am baker. Add these to your next brunch menu or whip up a batch as a fun snack for the family.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 cup all-purpose flour
- ●3 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/4 teaspoon table salt
- ●3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ●4 ounces (1/2 cup) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●1/2 teaspoon NESCAFE® CLASICO® Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ●1/2 cup light brown sugar
- ●1/2 cup sour cream
- ●1 large egg yolk
- ●1 cup confectioners sugar
- ●2 to 4 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. In medium saucepan over medium heat add in butter, chocolate, and espresso powder. Melt together while stirring. Remove melted chocolate from stove and add in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, brown sugar, and sour cream. Mix until combined then add in egg yolk and vigorously whisk. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until fully combined.
Grease a mini muffin pan. Using a mini ice-cream scoop, drop rounded scoops into muffin pan.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until donut muffins have rises and cracked along top.
Prepare glaze while mini donut muffins bake. Whisk together confectioners sugar, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth.
Dip tops of slightly cooled muffins into glaze and set on cooling rack that has been placed over a foil lined cookie sheet. Add sprinkles or embellishment if you prefer.
SUGAR COVERED DONUT MUFFIN:
HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING:
• Anytime you are using dairy in a baking recipe, try to start out with room temperature ingredients.
• Make sure your pans are properly prepared. You can grease a pan with butter, a butter & flour combination, use baking spray, or even opt to use mini cupcake liners with the donut muffins.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.