Whole-Grain Pie Crust with LIBBY’S® Famous Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Get the traditional pumpkin pie taste without using the same, traditional crust. Try substituting your regular pie crust with this whole-grain crust, and LIBBY’S® Famous Pumpkin Pie Filling, for a guilty-free way to enjoy that extra slice of pie!
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- ●1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, finely ground
- ●2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ●1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ●1/3 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ●2 to 3 tablespoons very cold water
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●Whipped cream or topping (optional)
Combine flour, ground oats, 2 teaspoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoons salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle with water; blend together with a fork until mixture holds together.
Shape dough into ball; place on lightly floured sheet of wax paper. Top with additional piece of wax paper; roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper and invert dough into 9-inch deep-dish (4-cup volume) pie plate; slowly peel away wax paper. Trim excess crust. Turn edge under; crimp as desired.
Mix 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Pour into pie shell.
Bake in preheated 425º F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream or topping before serving.
• Substitute whole-wheat pastry flour for a finer textured, flakier pie crust. •Oats can be finely ground in a food processor or blender. •1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
Do not freeze, as this will cause crust to separate from the filling.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.