Pies & Tarts
Pumpkin Mousse Ice Cream Pie
- The crust is the only part of this elegant Pumpkin Mouse Ice Cream ensemble which is baked. Luscious filling made from a mixture of ice cream and pumpkin is chilled with a whipped cream topping.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 1 1/4 cups (about 28) crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin, divided
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (12 1/4 ounces) caramel sauce or butterscotch sauce
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine crushed cookies, butter and 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely. Spread ice cream over gingersnap crust. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
Combine 1 cup pumpkin, remaining 3/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Beat whipping cream and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon over ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
Combine caramel or butterscotch sauce, remaining 1/2 cup pumpkin and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Serve topping with Pumpkin Mousse Ice Cream Pie.