Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut-Pumpkin Sauce
10 servings (3 skewers per person)
- Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut-Pumpkin Sauce features skewered morsels of succulent grilled chicken served with a zippy peanut-pumpkin sauce. Great for a taste-tempting appetizer or main dish.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (white parts only)
Place pumpkin, evaporated milk, peanut butter, chopped green onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and cayenne pepper in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Combine 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture and chicken in medium bowl; cover. Reserve remaining pumpkin mixture. Marinate chicken in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
Alternately thread chicken, bell peppers and green onion pieces onto 30 (4-inch) skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
Preheat grill or broiler.
Grill or broil, turning once, for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Heat remaining pumpkin mixture; serve with satay.
If using 29oz Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
Double all ingredients