Pumpkin Quinoa Patties
- ●3 cups cooked quinoa
- ●1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●3 large eggs or 3 flax eggs*
- ●1 teaspoon sea salt
- ●1 cup plain bread crumbs or gluten free bread crumbs
- ●1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- ●1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- ●1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ●1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- ●1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- ●1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ●1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil for frying (additional may be needed)
Line large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Mix quinoa, pumpkin, eggs and sea salt in large bowl. Stir in bread crumbs, onion, goat cheese, parsley, onion, carrot, garlic and pepper. Cover; let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
Divide mixture into 1/4 cup portions. Shape into patties and place on prepared baking sheet. You will get around 20 to 22 patties. Patties can be made in advance, covered and refrigerated until ready to fry.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties on each side for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove patties from skillet to serving platter; keep warm. Repeat adding additional oil if needed.
* A flax egg is made by hydrating 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed in 2 tablespoons warm water for each large egg. Let stand for 10 minutes. For this recipe, hydrate 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoons warm water.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.