Sweet Pumpkin Purée with Toasted Pecan Topping
- Sweet Pumpkin Purée with Toasted Pecan Topping makes a great side dish, appetizer or a spread. Just 20 minutes to make this delicious recipe. You can also use this, without the pecans, as a thickener for soups.
- ●2 cans (15 ounces each) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ●Salt (optional)
- ●1/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans
Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, margarine, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt, if desired. Transfer to serving dish. Top with toasted pecans.
Without the toasted pecan topping, this purée can be used as a thickener to soups.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.