Pumpkin & Parmesan Pizza
- ●4 ounces pancetta or bacon, chopped
- ●1 package (11 ounces) store-bought thin-crust pizza dough
- ●1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- ●3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ●1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- ●1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven according to pizza dough manufacturer’s instructions. (Our suggestion is 400°F).
Cook the pancetta or bacon in a medium sauté pan until browned and crispy. Remove the meat from the pan and let it drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
Place the pizza dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. If the dough calls for a pre-bake, follow these directions.
Combine the pumpkin, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl,. Spread the mixture evenly over the pizza dough. Place the apple slices on top of the pumpkin and then spread the meat and cheese on top. Sprinkle the herbs and black pepper on top of the pizza. Bake the pizza 8-10 minutes, or according to manufacturer’s instructions, until cheese is melted and the edges of the pizza are golden brown.
Remove pizza from the oven and drizzle the honey on top. Let the pizza cool slightly before cutting and serving.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.