Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Casserole
18 1/2-cup servings
Savor the warmth of this sweet and comforting Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Casserole. Featuring a combination of sweet potatoes and pure pumpkin, this holiday dish is sure to become a household favorite. It not only tastes great, but you're also getting a nutritious boost from the addition of pumpkin.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place potatoes on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly; place in large bowl. Add pumpkin, sugar, butter, salt and pepper. With potato masher, smash until lumpy (cut any large pieces of skin into smaller pieces). Add eggs; smash until incorporated. Spoon into 13 x 9-inch or 3-quart baking dish.
Combine sugar, flour, butter and salt in small bowl; stir until combined. Sprinkle evenly over casserole; top evenly with nuts.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and heated through. Remove from oven.
Preheat broiler. Broil casserole for 1 minute or until bubbly and nuts are toasted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.