Pumpkin Spice Ghost Cake
- Surprise your trick-or treaters with this hauntingly-good pumpkin spice cake with a rich cream cheese frosting.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 1 package (18 ounces) spice or carrot cake mix
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Black string licorice, chocolate-covered raisins and Halloween candy corn (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour two 8- or 9-inch-round cake pans.
Combine cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, vegetable oil and pumpkin pie spice in large mixer bowl until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes or until thoroughly mixed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Beat cream cheese, margarine and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. Spread between layers and on top and side of cake.
Form licorice strings into ghost shapes; press into side of frosted cake. Use chocolate-covered raisins for eyes. Arrange candy corn between ghosts on side and around top edge of frosted cake.
If using 29oz Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
Double all ingredients