Pumpkin Chicken Curry
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Brown chicken pieces in the pan, being sure to brown the meat on all sides. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside.
Heat remaining tablespoon canola oil in the same pan over medium heat. Sauté onion, ginger, and garlic until the onion is translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, spices, and salt.
Cook mixture an additional minute.
Stir in the pumpkin and coconut milk, then add the browned chicken. Bring it to a simmer.
Reduce the heat and cook an additional 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and sauce is fragrant and homogenous. Serve with rice or another grain.