Pumpkin Pork Stew
- This hearty and savory Pumpkin Pork Stew with tomato, potatoes and green beans makes this dish a complete meal.
- ●1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ●1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ●1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ●1 tablespoon crushed dried basil leaves
- ●2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ●1 can (28 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- ●1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ●1/2 cup rosé or white Zinfandel wine
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●4 medium white rose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ●2 cups (about 8 ounces) green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ●1 cinnamon stick
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and basil; cook for 1 minute or until onion is tender. Add pork; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, broth, wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Add potatoes, green beans and cinnamon stick. Cover; cook over low heat for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.