Pumpkin Maple Meringue Pie
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- ●1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ●1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 tablespoon dark maple syrup
- ●3 large eggs
- ●1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 store-bought frozen pie crust
- ●2 cups granulated sugar
- ●8 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ●* Recipe requires kitchen torch
Preheat oven to 325° F.
In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt until thoroughly mixed. Stir in pumpkin and syrup, followed by eggs and then evaporated milk. Pour into pie crust.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is set but still slightly wobbly. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Cool to room temperature. If baking the pie in advance of serving, refrigerate pie until ready to serve.
15 minutes prior to serving, combine granulated sugar and egg whites in the heatproof bowl of a mixer set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk until sugar dissolves, about 3-4 minutes. Place bowl on mixer; whisk on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form. Spoon meringue onto pie and spread to cover completely.
Hold a small handheld kitchen torch at a 90-degree angle 3 to 4 inches from surface of meringue. Move flame back and forth until meringue starts to brown.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.