Creamy Pumpkin Curry Soup
Makes 5 servings, about 1 1/4 cups per serving
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) Libby's® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- Toasted pepitas (optional)
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in curry powder and pepper.
Stir in broth and pumpkin. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in coconut milk; heat through. Let cool slightly.
Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover. Process until smooth. Return to saucepan if needed to heat through. Garnish with pepitas, if desired.