Whole-Wheat Graham Cracker Crust
8 servings for a 9-inch crust
- Whole-Wheat Graham Cracker Crust adds a nutritious twist to your pie making. You can purchase whole-wheat graham cracker crumbs at your local health food store.
- 1 cup whole-wheat or honey graham cracker crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine graham cracker crumbs, oil, sugar, orange peel and cinnamon in medium bowl; stir well. Press onto bottom and side of ungreased 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie plate.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes; cool. Use for refrigerated pies or baked pies.