Pumpkin Crème Caramel
- Pumpkin Crème Caramel is made with pumpkin and features a layer of delicious caramel. This flan-like custard has a hint of orange and is a favorite recipe to share with friends and family.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 tablespoons water
- ●1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- ●3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ●1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 large egg yolk
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 325° F. Place six 6-ounce ramekins in 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Place granulated sugar, water and lemon juice in medium saucepan; bring to gentle boil over medium-high heat. Continue to cook for 6 minutes or until syrup turns from clear to golden, swirling pan gently. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until honey-caramel in color. Immediately pour caramel evenly into each ramekin. Cool for about 15 minutes or until caramel has hardened.
Place evaporated milk and brown sugar in medium saucepan; bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved.
Whisk together pumpkin, eggs, egg yolk, vanilla extract and orange peel in medium bowl until well combined. Slowly whisk hot evaporated milk mixture into egg mixture. Strain the custard into a glass measuring cup (this will guarantee a velvety-smooth texture).
Pour mixture into prepared ramekins. Add enough hot water to the baking pan to reach halfway up the ramekins.
Bake for 55 minutes or until custard is just set (centers should be slightly wobbly). Transfer ramekins to a wire rack; cool until cool enough to cover and refrigerate. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until completely cold. To serve, run knife around inside perimeter of ramekins; invert onto plates.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.