Libby's® Pumpkin Pear Strudel
- ●2 cups (about 2 small) peeled, cored and diced pears
- ●1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ●3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- ●1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ●1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- ●2 sheets (17 1/4-ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions, divided
- ●1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine pears, pumpkin, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in medium bowl. Spoon one-half of filling in center third of 1 pastry sheet.
Make downward slanting strips in outer sections of pastry (3/4-inch apart) starting about 1 inch away from top of pastry and side of filling, cutting to outside edges. Starting at top, alternately fold left and right side pastry strips over filling forming a braid. Seal at top and bottom of strudel. Place on ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry sheet. Brush strudels with egg; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Serve warm.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.