Sweet Pumpkin Purée
- Sweet Pumpkin Purée is great with toppings or as a tasy extra garnish.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt. Top as desired. Serve along with beef, pork or chicken.
For Sweet Pumpkin Puree with Marshmallow-Pecan Topping: Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare puree mixture as above; do not top with toppings. Pour hot mixture into ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Top with 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows and 1/4 cup toasted pecans. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy.