Pumpkin Carrot Swirl Bars
- Pumpkin, shreds of carrot and brown sugar make a moist, chewy bar just right for the holiday table. Finished with a cream cheese topping they make a pretty sight for any occasion.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 4 ounces light cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl. Beat 1 cup granulated sugar, butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until crumbly. Add eggs, egg whites, pumpkin and carrot; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
Combine cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and milk in small mixer bowl until thoroughly blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over batter; swirl mixture with spoon.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Store in covered container in refrigerator.