Pumpkin Confetti Rice
- Add some new appeal to your typical weeknight dinner with this easy-to-make Pumpkin Confetti Rice side dish. The pumpkin easily blends in with the brown rice and vegetables for additional nutrition, moistness and eye-appeal.
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●1 small onion, chopped
- ●2 cups frozen mixed vegetable blend
- ●1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 can (14 fluid ounces) vegetable broth
- ●1/4 cup water
- ●1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ●2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add vegetables, pumpkin, broth, water and thyme. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork before serving.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.