Puddings & Flans
Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce
- This twist on a comfort food classic is sure to please your family or weekend guests. This traditional bread pudding has extra nutrition and taste using cracked-wheat bread and pumpkin. The simple brown sugar-yogurt sauce is a perfect complement to this dessert!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 12 slices cracked or whole-wheat bread, cut into cubes (12 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup refrigerated egg substitute or 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 containers (6 ounces each) or 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine bread and cranberries in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, egg substitute, 1 cup sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; stir. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Combine yogurt and 3 tablespoons sugar in small bowl. Serve bread pudding warm with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.