Puddings & Flans
Orange Almond Pumpkin Cream Trifle
This Orange Almond Pumpkin Cream Trifle is a layered medley of tasty pieces of orange liqueur or juice-drizzled pound cake, creamy pumpkin filling and orange marmalade or pineapple preserves. Trifle is a classic English dessert that has been enjoyed since the early 1600's.
PUMPKIN PIE MIX
LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
NET WT 30 oz (1 lb 14 oz) 850 g
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 can (30 ounces) LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 20 slices
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier) or orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade or pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
Combine pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk and sugar in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot but not boiling. Remove from heat. Beat egg yolks lightly in small bowl. Pour small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; stir. Stir yolk mixture into hot pumpkin mixture in saucepan. Return to heat; bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Cool to room temperature. Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
Lay pound cake slices on work surface and drizzle with orange liqueur. Spread with marmalade.
Place 1/3 pumpkin cream on bottom of 2 to 3-quart straight-sided glass serving bowl. Stand 8 to 10 slices upright in pumpkin cream along side of bowl, marmalade side facing in. Top pumpkin cream as follows: 1/4 cup almonds, 5 slices of cake, 1/3 of pumpkin cream, remaining cake slices, remaining pumpkin cream, remaining whipped topping. Top with remaining almonds. Cover and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.