Puddings & Flans
Pumpkin Caramel Flan
- Egg whites and evaporated fat free milk make this Pumpkin Caramel Flan low fat, but it has delicious richness and makes an elegant dessert anytime.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place 8-inch-square baking dish into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; fill outer pan with hot water to 3/4-inch depth.
Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and golden brown; pour into square dish. Remove square dish from pan of water; working quickly, swirl melted sugar around bottom and sides of dish to coat. Return dish to water.
Combine eggs, egg whites, pumpkin, honey, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and salt in medium bowl. Add evaporated milk; mix well. Pour into prepared square baking dish.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove square baking dish from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
To serve, run small spatula around edge of dish. Invert serving plate over baking dish. Turn over; shake gently to release. Caramelized sugar forms sauce. Cut into rectangles. Spoon sauce over each serving.