Pies & Tarts
Pumpkin Bourbon Pie
- A touch of bourbon in the filling and whipped cream adds excitement to this pumpkin pie.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons bourbon, divided
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 1 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Mix 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, salt, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and 2 tablespoons bourbon.
Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
Whip heavy cream in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons bourbon and remaining 1 teaspoon ground ginger; continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spoon over or alongside pie slices and serve.