Mini Whole-Wheat Pumpkin Muffins with Orange Drizzle
2 dozen muffins
- As tender and flavorful as these muffins are, you’d never guess they were made with whole wheat flour. Since the muffins are drizzled with the sweet glaze, you don’t need lots of sugar in the batter. Simmering the puree with the spices eliminates the tinny taste of the pumpkin and intensifies the flavors.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flavorless oil (vegetable or canola)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven to 425° F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with vegetable cooking spray.
Place pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, to blend flavors, about 3 minutes. Pour hot puree into a medium bowl. Whisk in brown sugar and oil, then slowly beat in eggs.
Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
Divide batter among muffin cups (a 2-tablespoon spring-action ice cream scoop works well) and bake until golden and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Let muffins stand for a couple of minutes, then remove from the cups and place on a wire rack to cool.
Whisk powdered sugar, orange zest and orange juice together in a small bowl. Drizzle over warm muffins.