Easy Pumpkin-Pasta Bake
- The added pumpkin in this Easy Pumpkin-Pasta Bake recipe provides an excellent source of vitamin A and fiber.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 1 box (14.5 ounces) whole wheat penne or other short-cut pasta, prepared according to package directions
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound (about 4 links) sweet or spicy lean Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water or dry red or white wine
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons (0.75 ounce) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray 3-quart casserole dish or 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in marinara sauce (reserve jar). Add water or wine to jar; cover and shake. Pour into skillet along with pumpkin and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Stir well. Stir in prepared pasta. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese; cover.
Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove cover; bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
If using 29oz Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
Double all ingredients