Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- ●2 tablespoons butter
- ●1 small onion, finely chopped
- ●2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●8 fresh sage leaves
- ●1 small sprig fresh rosemary
- ●2 tablespoons dry white wine
- ●1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- ●1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounces can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- ●1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ●1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ●Ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, sage leaves and rosemary sprig; cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 seconds or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in wine; cook for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly. Stir in broth; cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes to infuse herb flavors. With tongs, remove and discard herbs.
Stir pumpkin and evaporated milk into saucepan; heat through but do not boil. Stir in Parmesan and Swiss cheeses until melted. Remove from heat. Season with pepper. Serve with your favorite cooked pasta. Store refrigerated in tightly covered container. Makes 2 2/3 cups.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.