BestLife™ Baked Pasta with Pumpkin and Spinach
- This BestLife dish combines good-for-you whole wheat pasta, pumpkin and spinach, for a taste so delicious, it’s hard to believe it’s so wholesome and nutritious! The BestLife Program was created by exercise physiologist Bob Greene, best known as Oprah Winfrey’s personal trainer. TheBestLife.com recipes are designed to provide foods that fit within the BestLife program to help meet weight loss goals.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces dry whole-grain rotini
- 2 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Bring water to boil, add pasta and cook for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
While pasta is cooking combine pumpkin, ricotta, spinach, onion, garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Add drained pasta to ricotta mixture; mix. Pour into prepared dish. Top with Parmesan Cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil for 1 to 3 minutes until top is bubbly and brown. Serve immediately. Recipe courtesy of thebestlife.com