Autumn-Spiced Pumpkin Shortbread
- Entertain family and friends with a slice of this delightful Autumn-Spiced Pumpkin Shortbread. Topped with sugar crystals and paired with a scoop of holiday-inspired ice cream, this elegant dessert is a must have for fall celebrations.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin (use 1/2 cup for a softer shortbread)
- 2 teaspoons sparkling or granulated sugar
- Pumpkin spice or eggnog light ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 300° F. Spray bottom of 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine flour, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl.
Beat butter and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin until combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Spread dough into prepared pan; smooth top.
Bake for 80 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Immediately sprinkle top with sparkling sugar. Cool for about 10 minutes; remove side from pan. Use long, serrated knife to cut into wedges. Serve warm with ice cream.