Whole-Wheat Spinach Ricotta Quiche Cups
- Whole-Wheat Spinach Ricotta Quiche Cups are a delightful and impressive twist on traditional quiche. Whole-wheat tortillas are used to create individual crusts that are filled with a delicious combination of chopped spinach and cheeses. For another variation add finely chopped ham. Perfect for your next brunch or baby shower. Share this great recipe with friends.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (10 ounces) whole-wheat 6-inch tortillas
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 10, 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Soften tortillas by heating in microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 10 seconds. Press tortillas into muffin cups to form quiche crusts.
Mix evaporated milk, egg substitute, spinach, ricotta and Swiss cheeses, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture into prepared quiche bases, dividing evenly. Stir mixture frequently to evenly distribute ingredients.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean and tortilla edges are lightly browned. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove quiches. Serve warm.