Opens in a new window
- Inspired by five star restaurants’ Eggs Benedict, this fun and delicious recipe is like an open-faced waffle sandwich. Skip the maple syrup and dress up your waffles with fluffy eggs and a rich and creamy cheese sauce for an irresistible breakfast your guests will love.
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ●1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ●8 frozen toaster waffles
- ●8 large eggs, well-beaten
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ●Chopped chives (optional)
Combine 3/4 cup evaporated milk, cheese and flour in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce has slightly thickened to a creamy consistency. Remove from heat; cover.
Toast waffles according to package directions. Keep warm.
Whisk together remaining evaporated milk, eggs, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are cooked.
To assemble: Top each waffle with eggs, cheese sauce, bacon and chives.