Soups & Salads
Tuscan-Style Sausage and White Bean Soup
- A bowl of this incredible Tuscan-Style Sausage and White Bean Soup makes a great evening meal. The cannellini beans provide its wonderful texture. To enjoy its true Italian flavor, drizzle it with some olive oil and serve it warm.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1/2 to 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14.5 fluid ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini (white kidney) beans, undrained
- Ground black pepper
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add sausage and beans. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.